Contents Up << >>
Printer Profiling with IT8 Targets
Printer profiling is the process of determining the precise color
characteristics of a printer. This profile is unique to each paper
type and each change to the printer setup options.
To profile your printer with an IT8 target:
- Profile your scanner (see above)
- Set Input | Task to "Make IT8 target"
- Press the Scan button, this will create a print with your printer
- Insert printout into scanner
- Set Input | Task to "Profile printer"
- Press the Preview button
- If necessary, rotate the preview image so that the grey scale is at the bottom and the letters and numbers can be read normally
- Adjust size of the VueScan cropping mask until it matches the IT8 target image
- You may need to readjust the target on the scanner platten and press the Preview button again if the image is at an angle
- Choose Profile | Profile printer from the drop-down menu
- The ICC profile will be written to printer.icc in the VueScan directory
If you've previously made an ICC profile for a printer, you only need
to do the following:
- Set Color | Printer color space to "ICC profile"
- Set Color | Printer ICC profile to the file name of the ICC
VueScan normally reads and writes the ICC profile for a printer using
the file printer.icc. Alternatively, you can type the file name of
the ICC profile into Color | Printer ICC profile.