I have a problem with VueScan. How do I solve it?
Here are some things you can do to solve problems with VueScan:
- Make sure you’re using the newest version of VueScan (check www.hamrick.com).
- Try running VueScan and use the “File | Default options” command - then see if the problem goes away.
- Try turning your scanner off and back on again and rebooting your computer - then run VueScan again.
- Try a newer (and preferably shorter) USB cable.
- Try a different USB port.
- If you can’t scan transparencies, try the x32 version of VueScan.
- If you still can’t scan transparencies, make sure the cable from the lamp in the scanner lid is plugged into the back of the scanner and that the cover is off the lamp in the scanner lid.
- If you’re getting stripes, try re-doing the “Scanner | Calibrate” command.
- If you’re still getting stripes with transparencies, make sure nothing is blocking the small rectangular calibration area on the glass. Then clean the glass in this area.
- If you’ve tried all these things and still have a problem, we’d really appreciate it if you’d send a Problem Report.