VueScan Newsletter 1
Latest Version of VueScan
The latest version of VueScan is 9.4.33 – released on 1st July 2014.
* Changed default of 'Input | Media' to 'Text' for document feeders
* Added support for installing VueScan plugin in Photoshop CC 2014
* Fixed problem with 'Edit | Copy image' and 'Edit | Copy OCR text"
* Fixed problem with scan area on PrimeFilm 120
* Fixed problem with Plustek OpticFilm 7400 on Windows
* Fixed problem with some spurious errors in Console on Mac OS X
For more details and earlier version release notes visit http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#changes
Tips and Advice
We have a lot of customers asking us how to include scans in documents and images.
If you want to add your scan directly to a document or image , here is how you can do it.
For images, run VueScan and do a ‘preview’, then draw a crop box around what you want to include in your document, then use the “Edit | Copy image” command from the top bar menu.
Then switch to your e-mail client or word processor and use the “Edit | Paste” command – the image that was in the crop box will be directly included.
For text only, do the ‘preview’ and draw the crop box around the text and then use the “Edit | Copy OCR text” command. Then switch to your word processor and use the “Edit | Paste” command – then you won’t need to type the text – it will be directly included.
NOTE: You have to use version 9.4.33 – this will not work in 9.4.32
Tell your friends and colleagues if you love VueScan. You can use VueScan on up to four different computers that you personally use, with any combination of operating systems, with any number of scanners, both x32 and x64, with a single license – so let people know about us!